Sunday Chili Rules
Estes Park Winter Festival Chili Cook-Off
Sunday, January 20, 2013 ~ 11 am – 5 pm
At the Fairgrounds at Stanley Park
In the enclosed heated pavilion
*SUPPORT YOUR COMMUNITY AND HAVE FUN IN THE PROCESS!
We’re looking for cooks to compete in the 4th Annual Estes Park Winter Festival Chili and Mac ‘n Cheese Cook-Off.
This chili competition is open to anyone (individuals, businesses or organizations) with a pot and a delicious chili recipe! We also have a Macaroni and Cheese competition this year. For INDIVIDUALS, it’s a great way to have fun and support local non-profits. Who knows, it might become your new hobby! For NON-PROFITS, CLUBS AND BUSINESSES it’s a fun and unique way to spread the word about the amazing work you do in our community. Plus, everyone gets a chance at the bragging rights that come with having the Best Chili at the Fest! The cook-off will be held inside a large indoor heated pavilion with wine & beer tastings and live music all day. You are welcome to bring signs, brochures and other materials to promote your business or organization. A portion of the proceeds from the Winter Festival are donated to local Non-Profit organizations.
We Have Two Different Competition Options
1st Place in each category wins an Estes Park Weekend Get-Away package.
Option #1 ~ HOME-COOKED CHILI and/or MAC ‘N CHEESE COOK-OFF
NO ENTRY FEE. Cook both and compete with both, or one or the other. Your choice!
- Any type of chili or Mac ‘n Cheese is welcome – veggie, meat, beans, red, white, green….whatever you like!
- You do not have to cook on site. Cook your entry at home and then bring it to the Festival.
- Teams must bring a minimum of four (4) gallons, HEATED. We will provide warmers at the Festival, if needed.
- A vote of the Festival attendees will determine 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes for homegrown chili and mac ‘n cheese.
- Teams are encouraged to create a theme. This can include costumes, table decor, advertising materials & pandering to the crowd.
Option #2 ~ COOK WITH THE PROS! C.A.S.I. CHILI COOK-OFF
(No Mac‘n Cheese here)
$15 ENTRY FEE
- CASI Chili Cook-Off will feature competition for Chili Appreciation Society International (CASI) red chili and an open/green chili division. All cooks are requested to make a minimum of three (3) gallons of each chili entry for public tasting, including the sample submitted for judging.
- CASI chili must be cooked onsite. Click here for full list of rules.
- Showmanship – Teams are encouraged to create a theme for their chili team. This can include costumes, table decorations and pandering to the crowd and judges. Only teams entered into the CASI Red Chili Division will be judged on Showmanship. Awards will be given for 1st through 3rd Place Showmanship.
- A panel of judges will determine 1st through 10th place prizes for CASI chili. Top winners will get qualifying points to go to the CASI International Chili Cook-Off.
All competition teams are allowed up to four people per team for
FREE entrance to the Festival ($160 value)
Option #3 ~DROP-OFF CHILI or MAC ‘N CHEESE (non-competive)
NO ENTRY FEE. Cook at home and drop it off!
- If you just want to help make the Festival successful, without the glory of competition, you can make chili and/or mac ‘n cheese at home and drop it off at the festival on Sunday morning. We will take care of serving it. Feel free to drop off any advertising materials and we will display them with your chili. Option 3 does not include peoples choice voting. You must be present and serve your Chili or Mac ‘n Cheese to be part of the Peoples Choice voting and awards. (See Option #1). Option 3 does not include free entry to Festival.